Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not, under any circumstances, share materials from this site with anyone outside of the member organization.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, organization, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of EdLeader21. EdLeader21 is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by EdLeader21 or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall EdLeader21 be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants EdLeader21 and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
EdLeader21 does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of EdLeader21 we reserve the right to take any and all action we deem appropriate.
EdLeader21 must immediately be notified in the event of any known or suspected unauthorized use of a member's account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of the member's user name(s) or password(s).
A member may not sublicense the Tools, sell or share them with any third party or person outside of the member organization.
Each member also permits any user to access, display, view, store and reproduce any Submission that it has made available in a public area for personal use. Subject to foregoing, the owner of a Submission made to EdLeader21 retains any and all Rights that may exist in such Submission but only to the extent of the portion of the Submission submitted and not as to any Tool, Content or other material of EdLeader21.
EdLeader21 reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines. The Membership Agreement between EdLeader21 and each member contains additional terms and conditions regarding use of this site. Each user must consult with his or her member organization regarding, and agrees to follow all, provisions governing use of the site in the Membership Agreement. In the event of any inconsistencies between these guidelines and the Membership Agreement, the provisions of the Membership Agreement shall prevail.
The EdLeader21 Content, Tools and other services are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis without any warranties, except for those expressly stated in this Agreement. To the fullest extent permitted by law, EdLeader21 disclaims all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, compatibility, security, accuracy and non-infringement of proprietary rights. To the fullest extent permitted by law, EdLeader21 disclaims warranties related to the security, capacity, reliability, timeliness, accuracy and performance of the EdLeader21 services and content. To the fullest extent permitted by law, EdLeader21 further disclaims any warranties related to the performance or quality of Tools, services, information or other material obtained by you through EdLeader21. No oral or written information or advice given by EdLeader21 or any EdLeader21-authorized representative shall create any additional warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Accordingly, some of the above exclusions may not apply to every member.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page